The Cylon society consists of:
- Drones: the lowest level. They have no brain and are programmed to perform certain tasks. Nearly every Cylon who rebels against the wise policies of the Imperious Leader are shunted to the drone class and are allowed (reprogrammed?) to perform poetry (for example) to defuse their rebellious tendencies. But the poetry is only spoken, not written. All those bunch of blathering Cylons at the spacedrome in "The Living Legend" were Drones.
- Single-Brain Centurions. Your typical grunt. They wear silver. Testing is done at this stage to see who possesses the ability to accept a third brain, and then they are kept under intense scrutiny for their entire careers. All Centurions can tell whether a person they are interrogating is lying, and this is likely an original Cylon racial trait.
- Two-Brain Command Centurions. The officers. They speak with a lower voice pitch and are capable of individual initiative. They wear gold.
- Dark Centurions. These new Cylons wear ebony armors which are reptilian in appearance and are a lot tougher for laser weapons to pierce. Not only are these Centurions far superior and more deadly in every way to their brethren, but they are equipped with a new brain implant as well - a Human Logic Function. This HLF, modeled after Baltar's mind, makes it easier to predict what their human opponents would do in combat. In fact, even if they are better pilots, faster, more intelligent, and have better aim than the previous model Centurions, the constant processing of the Human Logic Function module is only slowing them down (Armageddon).
- IL-series. The Cylons consider these their artificial constructs. IL-series models act as advisors to Cylon Command Centurions, Warriors of the Elite Class (see below) and the Imperious Leader. They are capable of objective analysis which the Cylons weren't capable of. Not eligible to become Imperious Leader. Because of these
capabilities, IL-series models were more devious than the real Cylons and can rise to positions of real authority, such as Lucifer and Spectre.
- Warriors of the Elite Class. Command Centurions who are the Imperious Leader's Executive Officers. In addition to gold, they wear black rank bands. Vulpa was of this class.
- The Imperious Leader. He is the ONLY Cylon with three brains and an original reptilian body. According to the novels, an Imperious Leader reigns for either 75 yahrens, at which point they step down willingly, or until they die,
whichever comes first; usually it's the latter. During the series this meant there was a high turnover rate in Imperious Leaders. IL also has the "original voice" of Count Iblis!
These pages are maintained by:
André Jacques email@example.com
Copyright © André Jacques 1999 all rights reserved